Counter Top Water Ionizers
Below is our review of many of the Water Ionizers currently being sold. When reviewing these Ionizers we assess the filtration, warranty, size of plates, power of machine, type of power system, optional features, andtime each distributor has been in business.Every Ionizer is thoroughly researched by our team of experts before being added to this list, so feel confident in knowing we've already done the hard work for you!
These water ionizers are listed in order of their ranking based on the above characteristics.
Quick Overview: Exceptional Quality:
- The New 2013 LIFE M7 Next Generation C has a huge electrolysis chamber with 7 large titanium/platinum plates for optimum alkaline & antioxidant levels
- Adjustable up to 450 watts of power, second only to its Big Brother, the Life M9.
List Price: $2,497
Quick Overview: Value you’ll love: This unit has 5 flat or MESH electrodes and an SMPS power supply, it’s comparable to most other manufacturer’s midrange models. The LIFE 5100 purifies your water with advanced filtration, dual internal filters and optional custom pre-filtration.
List Price: $1,997
Quick Overview: Saves money and health! The AlkaPrime S7-C is a solid South Korean 7 plate ionizer with good pH and negative ORP levels. We like the fact that it has dual internal filters with a customized pre-filter. It comes in your choice of several different colors, and has an SMPS system with 200 watts of power. It has a lifetime parts and five (5) years labor warranty, which is about average for 7 plate machines. This company has value-priced their systems about $300 less than equivalent ionizers from other companies.
List Price: 2,197
Quick Overview: High end performance, mid-range price! The S9-C gives you high pH and strong negative ORP levels for healthier alkaline water! It has dual internal filters with a customized pre-filter for the ultimate in water purity. We love the fact that you get several color choices and an SMPS system with 229 watts of power. The limited lifetime parts and ten (10) years labor warranty is above average for 9 plate machines. This is a newer company that beats competitors by about $300 for machines of similar quality.
List Price: $2,797
Quick Overview: Needs more power: The faucet on the Delphi has a very nice look to it, and it is made of stainless steel, but you can’t get very strong alkaline water from it.
- A plus is that it has two (2) interior filters but they run $89 each.Better filtration means purer water.
- It has a Stainless steel faucet
- Five (5) titanium/platinum plates
- Only 80 watts of power means weaker antioxidant (ORP) levels and lower alkaline (pH) levels.
- Lifetime warranty on parts and five (5) years on labor
List Price: $3,195
Quick Overview: Pricey performer:
- The positive feature is the optional extended four (4) year warranty
- 200 watts of power.
- Overall we feel that there are much better options in the $2,000 price range that will provide much better ionized water with more power, more internal filters and longer warranty.
Quick Overview: Established brand: This is a 5 plate unit with a single internal filter. We like the looks of the machine and can go in a kitchen with silver or black appliances. It has one of those "lifetime" warranties that is actually five (5) years labor and lifetime on the parts. One advantage is that this design has been around for years to the bugs are mostly eliminated. There are other 5 plate machines on the market for a little less money; better warranty; and better filtration.
Quick Overview: Mini price, MAX perfromance: The AlkaFresh MiniMAX is a great mid-range model. It is a smaller unit for people with limited counter space.
- We liked this unit because of its high power (249 watts) This allows the machine to generate a healthy alkaline mineral level and to create healthy antioxidants (ORP) to neutralize free radicals and generate anti-aging benefits
- Dual internal filtration - for the purest healthy water
List Price: $1,997
Quick Overview: Not built to last: The Alkazone BHL-3100 has five (5) plates and comes with a 2 year warranty, a sign to us that the machine is not designed to last. The limited warranty and a single internal filter ($85) are deal breakers. We suggest you spend a little more and get a quality water ionizer. If you’re in the market for a 5 plate unit... we have one for less money ($1497) with a 7 year warranty and dual internal filters.
Quick Overview: Small price tag for people on a budget and also a small footprint for kitchens with space issues. Single filter with 4 plates and 60 watts of power for people who don't need optimized water. Two year warranty.
- We liked the looks of this machine
- Comes with two (2) internal filters to better purify the water.
- It comes from a well-known manufacturer
- Limited lifetime warranty (5 years labor and lifetime on parts).
- With only five (5) platinum/titanium plates and 85 watts of power, we know there are
- better options and at a lower price.
Time tested ionizer: This ionizer has been around virtually unchanged for at least 7 years. It produces a good pH range up to 10.8 (11.23 w/chemical additive) and up to a -578 ORP. The positive marks for this ionizer were a good flow rate and WQA Certified lead-free. The single filter, the use of chemicals for an increased pH range, and the high price were the drawbacks on this ionizer.
Quick Overview: Time tested, but overpriced: This ionizer has been around virtually unchanged for at least 7 years. It produces a good pH range up to 10.8 (11.23 w/chemical additive) and up to a -578 ORP. The positive marks for this ionizer were a good flow rate and WQA Certified lead-free. The fact that it has only a single filter, needs chemicals for increased pH range, and the high price were the drawbacks on this ionizer.
- Strong water flow is a plus for this ionizer.
- Five (5) year warranty is backed by a good company.
- Single internal filter is generic and doesn't fully purify the water.
- The use of chemical enhancers to achieve certain pH readings was a negative for this machine..
Quick Overview: Almost out of this world: This 9 small-plate unit produces a mid 10 pH and -650 range ORP levels.
- It has MESH plates with an SMPS power system which is a positive as this allows the machine to last longer
- The unit comes with a limited lifetime warranty with labor charge after 5 years.
- Not WQA Certified lead-free - this means it can't be sold in California & some other states
- We liked the look of this machine as it can fit in most kitchens.
Quick Overview: The Ultimate Machine for Health: Increased power and unmatched efficiency makes the LIFE M-9 the front-runner in any ionizer comparison, and personally our favorite unit. One of the cutting edge technologies available for this machine is Life’s UV Disinfecting Light filter, which addresses harmful bacteria.
List Price: $3,097